Saturday, December 3, 2016

Gift Giving Guide: Anthropology Style 6.0

The gift giving holiday season is fast approaching, and if you are in need of a gift for someone who either is an anthropologist or just anthropological minded, check out these great gift ideas! 

For the Cultural Anthropologist


If you know a cultural anthropologist who is either planning on or currently is jet setting around the world (or domestically) this travel wallet may just be the golden ticket for him or her.  This handy item allows for the anthropologist to carry a great many necessities, including a small notebook for field notes, thereby making this an excellent gift.  Check it out through HOUSEofLH.

For the Biological Anthropologist



While not widely discussed there is a field of biological anthropology known as genetic anthropology.  Genetic anthropologist study the genetic materials of living and dead humans, hominids, and non-human primates, which makes this dress by Shenova an amazing gift for the genetic anthropologist that you know.  In addition to this fabulous creation (which can be customized to the wearer's measurements) this amazing designer has an additional dress that is perfect for an isotopic anthropologist or archaeologists who work with ancient dating. 


For the Archaeologist



It may seem rather cliche to get someone a tshirt for the holiday season, but this tshirt is different: it explains how awesome the archaeologist is!  Check out this item by JustTheShirt.  This item comes in various colors and in male and female options.


For the Linguistic Anthropologist




Language is the name of the game for Linguistic Anthropologists, and this artistic language map may pique the interests of the linguists you know.  QuantumPrints makes this unique and vintage inspired design that makes an excellent addition to a home or office setting.   If this piece does not work there are additional pieces that are related to the theme that may.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not know many archaeologist so I'm not sure if i could give the gifts to anyone.

Ashley Jacobson said...

Other than you, and to bad its not Christmas I don't know of any other Anthropologists that would enjoy these awesome gifts. :)
Ashley Jacobson

Steven Benton said...

Last time I traveled with a bigger size wallet I had comments on if i was carrying a "Murse" I take it as a mans purse lol. With the t-shirt that would be a very neat gift to give an anthropologist. T-Shirt quotes can say alot about a person without even asking.

Unknown said...

Now I know what to look for when shopping for an anthropologist on a particular holiday! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

This would be a great Christmas gifts for a friend of mines.

Unknown said...

The traveling wallet is a good gift for an anthropologist, but its also a good gift for someone that's not one but just like to travel. I would like one of these myself.

Miah White said...

cool gifts i'm sure you would love one of these gifts from a student wouldn't you Dr.Boston?

Dr. Christine Elisabeth Boston said...

While I do appreciate thoughtful gifts I do not expect or accept gifts from students. I have, however, given my anthropology students a gift, such as one of these, when they successfully earn their degrees. :)

Anonymous said...

I am not a Linguistic Anthropologist, but that language map would look pretty cool in my room. My cousin is actually thinking about going into Biological Anthropology, so I will have to show her this blog post.

Logan Taylor

Anonymous said...

I never knew a Anthropologist would like any of these gifts. Would you perfer any of these gifts or something different?

-Daisha Benton

Chaviz Nguyen said...

Presently I realize what to search for when looking for an anthropologist on a specific occasion! A debt of gratitude is in order for the tip!

Eugene Sainterling said...

Now I know what I can get you as an appreciation gift for teaching such a great class.

Dr. Christine Elisabeth Boston said...

While I do appreciate thoughtful gifts I do not expect or accept gifts from students.

Anonymous said...

I want that map. That's a damn cool map

Anonymous said...

The maps look cool and very ancient. if I had a anthropologist friend I would give it to them just because I would might want to travel with them one day.

Kenneth Granger

Mario Lucas said...

These gifts are very interesting and although I wont be an anthropologist in future. It would be nice to have some of the gifts to practice for my own enjoyment.

Unknown said...

Where do you find these items at? I think they are very interesting and would love to look into getting some for gifts.

Anonymous said...

Amber Barnes
I do not know why but the Cultural Anthropology gifts get me every time. Maybe this is my next major!

Dr. Christine Elisabeth Boston said...

There are live links in the post that will take you to the item and/or stores.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely love to wear that blue and black dress it is very beautiful and well designed . - Mykia Chaney

Jasmine Busby said...

There are alot of similar blogs on the gifts of archeologists. Now we know what to get you at the end of the year lol.

Unknown said...

Again I enjoyed this one cause it related to another blog on here , based off the gift giving ideas. I love giving gifts and for them to have particular gifts that only certain anthropologists or archaeologists may get the jokes , makes it even more fun. I really do see the effect of fun they try and make archaeology and the whole anthropology field.
-Jazlyn Logan

Anonymous said...

The travel case is a good gift for anyone in general. keeps all your belongings in one spot with each other, especially for the passport

-Kyla Thomas