Saturday, April 29, 2017

Gift Giving Guide: Anthropology Style 7.0

It is that time of year again!  As anthropology students prepare to walk across the stage with their degrees in hand you may be wondering what the perfect gift for the occasion may be.  Look no further because here are a few suggestions!

Cultural Anthropology

World Traveler Locket by AyoBijou
Sociocultural anthropologists study peoples and cultures from around the globe, so commemorate this love of the world's cultures with this amazing locket by AyoBijou!  This is the perfect compact gift for the globe trotting sociocultural anthropologists because they can carry it around their neck to remember loved ones back home or friends they make along the way.

Biological Anthropology

Vertebrae ring by MySacrum
Biological anthropologists specialize in a variety of areas within this subdiscipline, but this vertebrae ring may just be the thing for many!  This ring is made by a Polish designer, MySacrum, and has spunk and creativity to boot.  It is perfect for a man or woman, although a more feminine variety is also available.

Linguistic Anthropology

Love/Hang Ten Necklace by MartyMagic


The intersections between language and culture is the focus of study among linguistic anthropologists, which can make finding the perfect gift difficult for these anthropologists.  This American Sign Language necklace is perfect because of the multiple meanings in the hand gesture.  The maker, MartyMagic, says it means "I love you" but it could also refer to other things, such as hang ten.

Archaeology

Egyptian Hieroglyphic Cufflinks by Neatstuffantiques
Archaeologists do on occasion get dressed up, so these cufflinks may be the best gift ever!  These Egyptian hieroglyphic cufflinks are available through Neatstuffantiques and come in white and the pictured black enamel here. 

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Out of all the jewelry I like the Cultural Anthropology's necklace the most. Maybe because cultural anthropology is my favorite.

Jaeda Lowe said...

I like the Linguistic Anthropology jewelry the most!

Steven Benton said...

The Linguistic Anthropology necklace I would say is my favorite out of the list. Its very neatly designed and anyone can wear it. And with american sign language people knows what it means when they look at it.

Ashley Jacobson said...

I think the necklace and the ring would be great graduation gifts. I think the Linguistic jewelry is very interesting.

Tavia Reed said...

Out of all the jewelry I think the Egyptian Hieroglyphic Cufflinks will be something that I will love as a gift because that's something that I could wear everyday.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany Heavens
- I love when a lockets has a great meaning behind it. This a pretty cool thing that they carry it all the time.

Unknown said...

By far the love/hang ten locket is the coolest one of the bunch. I like how they incorporated love in the piece, maybe because they love Linguistic Anthropology


-Tyler Armstrong

Anonymous said...

I know a couple of people that would love one of these gifts. Are they expensive?

Shila Williams

Anonymous said...

Out of the three gifts , I like the cultural and Biological ones because they are simple but can mean so much to some one and could be worn everyday like a everyday piece of jewelry.
Ainya Lomax

Unknown said...

i think out of all the jewelry i will like the love/hang ten necklace because i think that is a very interesting design and it is something wear everyday

Unknown said...

I feel that any man should love the Egyptian Hieroglyphic Cufflinks because of the simple fact that you can wear it when you wear a button up

Seth Holyfield said...

I think all of the gifts fit perfectly for each of the sub-fields. My favorite of the four would have to be the necklace representing linguistic anthropology, I feel like it has the most meaning.

Quaylan Jackson said...

cultural anthropology seems to be the most interesting to me. Its always interesting to learn how different cultures around you may vary or be the same in many ways. Just to see how human cultural beliefs have evolved over time is quite interesting.

Marsadie B said...

out of all the the Jewelry i like the linguistic piece the most. because the maker says that it refers to the symbol of love.

Kelsey Roush said...

Out of all of the gifts listed in this blog, i believe i would prefer the cultural piece over any other due to the fact that it symbolizes friendships made throughout ones life as well as family members they left behind at home.

Unknown said...

All of the Jewelry is pretty cool, all of them are pieces that I would consider wearing myself especially the locket for some reason it caught my eye the most.

Chaviz Nguyen said...

out of all the Jewelry i like the phonetic piece the most. since the producer says that it alludes to the image of adoration.

Anonymous said...

the world traveler locket displays the most value to the sociocultural anthropologist because it represents the journey that each anthropologist has went through in order to piece together every clue and evidence of the prehistoric life.- Caleb mcconnell

Rayna Blurton said...

I am in love with that vertebrate ring!

Mario Lucas said...

Stunning how a gift from a person or a visited culture of people can hold such significance to both the givers and the ones being given to. It connects us all as one and reminds of the person that gave it to us.

Unknown said...

I have never been a fan of lockets, but that world traveler has to be the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Amber Barnes
I really love how the cultural anthropology necklace looks! It can really come in handy when you are homesick and having an image in the locket can help.

Anonymous said...

I totally love the World Traveler Locket I've been a fan of lockets for quite a while now never actually owned one myself but my mother has one that my grandmother gave her . I feel in love with it's pretty unique I am hoping that one day my mother passes it down to me . - Mykia Chaney

Monay P said...

I love the World Traveler Locket. This is my first time seeing and learning about one. I really like how it represents love ones who are away from you.

Jasmine Busby said...

All the jewelry is beautiful but is it expensive? & would we be able to get them online?

Unknown said...

The love/ hang ten necklace caught my eye. I love how shiny it is , and what is signifies. I wonder how long it took to make that and what the price was back then for it


-Tae'lor Pearson

Anonymous said...

I love the love/hang ten necklace, i myself love gold jewelry so that why it caught my eye. then after reading the description and learning what it means it made me like it even more.

- Kyla Thomas