Saturday, November 28, 2015

Gift Giving Guide: Anthropology Style 4.0

It is the holiday seasons, and here are some gift suggestions for that special anthropologist in your life.  You may want to consider any one of these great gift ideas for the anthropologist you know...

For the Cultural Anthropologist

Cultural anthropologists study various aspects of modern (and in some cases, historic) cultures.  They rely heavily on anthropological theory of some great anthropologists, including Marvin Harris.  Some of the original books are difficult to come by, while some are easy to come by.  Whichever the case this older edition of a book by Marvin Harris may be just the gift your cultural anthropologist is looking for.  It is available through VintageCarolina.



For the Linguistic Anthropologist

Linguistic anthropologists study language and culture, which makes getting the perfect gift tough.  But why not get this awesome tshirt?  Because who doesn't like ninjas?  The shirt is available in various colors through Teeburon.



For the Archaeologist

Archaeologists study people and cultures of the past in premodern and historic periods.  They are often characterized by adventures, artifacts, and more, but they are not always working in the field.  They do spend quite a bit of downtime in labs.  So this archaeologically themed decoration may be just the thing!  Check it out, available through SouthwestBunnyCraft.



For the Biological Anthropologist

Biological anthropologist study the biological aspects of humans, which ranges from the study of primates, genetics, skeletal biology, and human evolution.  Help the biological anthropologist in your life look stylish and discipline appropriate in this beautiful cuff.  JezebelCharms has this and many other biological anthropology appropriate cuffs.



21 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Doing this blog it showed what each aspect of Anthropology studies. For me I would go with Bioological anthropology. Because I love medicine but, also I like studying the effects things have on people and their cultures.

Shelby Crawford said...

This was just kind of adorable! I like the "archeologists date any old thing" that was cute. If I had friends who were anthropologists I would have bought it. Happy holidays enjoy your break!

Student: Shelby Crawford

Unknown said...

This is surely something to keep in mind when I go shopping for that special anthropologist! Although the book seems rather interesting and worth a read. I have always wondered where cultures originated from.
-Patrick Cattell

Mele Puloka said...

I appreciate these gift ideas. I would love to get the Cannibal and Kings book and the cuff is stylish. I found the archaeological gift quite entertaining.

Kevin Izykowski said...

Now I know what to give a certain anthropologist for christmas. I don't know any anthropologists but some of these gifts are cool. I especially like the t-shirt as I think it's pretty funny. For the cuffs, I'd keep the skeleton and put movie quotes on it.

Anonymous said...

I do personally know a anthropologist and a archaeologist so this was actually a really cute post. You never realize how something so simple as a shirt can make someones day. My favorite was the biologist anthropologist cuff. I liked quote with the skeleton.

Leslie Milton
Anthropology 101
Course 3001

Unknown said...

I think the gift idea blogs are one of my favorite posts! I love them because they are so cute and thoughtful and are relevant to Anthropology. My favorite gift idea in this post would have the be the gold cuff with the quote and the skeletons.

Anonymous said...

I don't know any anthropologist in my life besides you, but if I knew any I would definitely do the cuff. I love it and it's stylish
Aaliyah Caldwell

Unknown said...

I don't know any anthropologists or archaeologists but these are all extremely good gift ideas for one.

Zachary Dickherber said...

Well the answer has to be the T-Shirt because you even said it yourself who doesn’t like ninjas?

D.Traywick said...

I like the fact that there are gift ideas on here. While reading articles you can also knock out a little Christmas shopping. Tis the season.

Unknown said...

These are unique gifts, something that someone would be able to tell you put some amount of time and effort into. I know if I was to get this for someone or them for me it would be a greatly appreciated gift no matter which one.

Steven Benton said...

For the gift for the biological anthropologist with the bracelet I think it would be neat for it to be in the form of findings of bones however doing research on them would be hard and as you've stated in class if there are findings its best to leave them where they are.

Unknown said...

Out of all the gifts I like The "Anthropologists date any old thing". Once again I'm not an Anthropologists but I would like to have this or at least get it to a friend that is going into this field.

Anonymous said...

Akwila Cooks
I think that this article is so cute and creative. I think the one that say anthropologist will date anything old is it cute and funny at the same time. If any of my friends were Anthropology majors or interested in Anthropology I would totally get them that gift. Or one of these gift ideas.

Unknown said...

As the inner book worm in me screams of joy as I have found another book I will be adding to my read list from Marvin Harris.

Amber Barnes said...

I love thesegifts and the creative aspects placed in them. You will not just see these gifts any where!

Anonymous said...

What I enjoyed about this blog is that the gifts that were brought up and talked about they actually had so some of meaning to them which is cute and thoughtful . What i found very is that how it said anthropologist will date anything old that was pretty funny very interesting blog . - Mykia Chaney

Anonymous said...

I love the ninja shirt, growing up almost thought I was gone become one -Xjavion Boyd

Anonymous said...

The gifts are unique and represent each type of anthropologist very well. I personally like the bracelet.
Alliyah Mayweather